Shepherds Pie by Brenden Collins
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 1 Large Onion Chopped
- 1 Leak, white part Chopped
- 4 Celery stalks Chopped
- 2 Medium Shallots
- 1 1/4 pound(s) Ground Lamb shoulder
- 1/4 cup(s) AP Flour
- 1 can(s) 14 oz San Marzano Plum Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon(s) Tomato puree
- 1 1/4 cup(s) Lamb or Beef stock
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon(s) Fresh Rosemary Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Fresh Thyme
- 1 teaspoon(s) Worcestshire sauce or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pound(s) Potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1/2 pound(s) Parsnips peeled and chopped
- 9 tablespoon(s) Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup(s) Milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) creamed Horseradish
- 3/4 cup(s) Bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese grated
- 1. Preheat oven to 375. Saute the onions, leeks, celery and carrots until soft.
- 2. Add Lamb, brown. Add flour to make a roux, stirring constantly
- 3.Add Tomatoes, Tomato puree, stock, Bay leaf, Rosemary and Thyme. Simmer covered for 30 minutes, Season with Worcestershire, salt and pepper to taste
- 4. Meanwhile make the topping. Boil Potatoes and Parsnips till soft. Drain and mash with Butter and Milk. Stir in Horseradish and season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Spoon the meat mixture into an oven proof dish. Top with potatoes, then breadcrumbs and cheese. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MarkSz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note