The meat and veggies were amazing but the mashed potatos were not the best they felt like foam. Would make again with a different potato recipe.
Shepherd's Pie is a traditional English dish made with ground meat, vegetables and topped with mashed potatoes. Our hearty one-dish pie does not disappoint.
More From Allyou
Total: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- Calories: 297
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Sodium: 459mg
- 2 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 8 ounces extra-lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 rib celery, finely diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup cooked lentils
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1. Place potatoes in a pot, cover with cold, salted water, bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, transfer to a large bowl and mash with milk and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Warm a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add beef and cook, breaking up with a spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add onion, carrot, celery and mushrooms and sauté for 8 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 2 minutes longer. Sprinkle flour on top and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in broth, Worcestershire sauce and lentils, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Mist a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Stir peas into meat mixture and season with salt and pepper. Spoon meat mixture into baking dish and carefully spread potatoes on top. Bake for 30 minutes. If potatoes are not brown enough, turn broiler on high and broil until potatoes are golden, about 2 minutes, watching carefully to avoid burning. Serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note