"My sons are all adults now living on their own. The youngest stops by regularly in search for food. The last time he did, this recipe had just come out of the oven. He wants the recipe! Thanks to the prepared mashed potatoes and precooked beef tips, kids of all ages can make this."--Carol B., Blue Springs, MO
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 346
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Fat: 17.9g
- Saturated fat: 9.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 23.8g
- Carbohydrate: 23.9g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 1045mg
- Calcium: 163mg
- 2 (17-oz.) packages fully cooked beef tips with gravy
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1 (24-oz.) package refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook beef according to package directions. Spoon beef into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Top with corn and peas; set aside.
- 2. Cook potatoes according to package directions; spoon potatoes into a bowl. Add cream cheese, butter, and garlic powder; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Spread potato mixture over vegetables; sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Get the Family Involved: Some youngsters are turned on to cooking if they can use an electric appliance like a mixer. For safety's sake, teach children how to use it properly, and never leave them to use it unattended.
- MENU IDEA FOR 8 * Shepherd's Pie * Lime sherbet
- GROCERIES NEEDED Check staples: butter, garlic powder * 2 (17-oz.) packages fully cooked beef tips with gravy (we tested with Hormel) * 1 (10-oz.) package frozen whole kernel corn * 1 (10-oz.) package frozen sweet peas * 1 (24-oz.) package refrigerated mashed potatoes (we tested with Country Crock) * 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese * 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese * 1/2 gal. lime sherbet
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note