- 1 1/2 cups diced peeled celeriac (celery root)
- 2 large peeled baking potatoes, chopped (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 1/3 cups chopped peeled Granny Smith apple
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled turnip (about 1/2 pound)
- 3 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground savory
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 3/4 cup (about 3 ounces) grated raclette or Gruyère cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) bag fresh spinach
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- calories 259
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 8.7 g
- satfat 4.8 g
- monofat 2.4 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 10.7 g
- carbohydrate 37.8 g
- fiber 7 g
- cholesterol 24 mg
- iron 3.5 mg
- sodium 612 mg
- calcium 280 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place celeriac and potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
Bring the milk to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat; add apple, reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 7 minutes.
Place potato mixture, apple mixture, 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, and salt in a food processor; process until smooth. Set aside.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, and celery; saute 5 minutes. Add turnip; cook 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, parsley, savory, and thyme; cook 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid almost evaporates. Sprinkle with flour; stir well, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in apple juice; cook 2 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Stir in cheese.
Steam spinach, covered, 5 minutes or until done. Drain and coarsely chop.
Coat 6 (12-ounce) souffle dishes with cooking spray. Spoon 1/2 cup potato mixture into each dish. Top each with 1/3 cup spinach; top spinach with 2/3 cup onion mixture. Spoon remaining potato mixture evenly into each dish. Sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.