Shepherd's Pie with Rice Topping
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 teaspoon(s) vegetable oil
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 pound(s) lean ground beef
- 2/3 cup(s) beef stock
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup(s) green peas fresh or frozen
- 3 cup(s) rice cooked
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup(s) cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- In ovenproof 10-inch(25 cm) skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook carrots and onion for 3 minutes. Add beef, and cook for about 5 minutes or until browned. Drain off fat. Stir in stock, tomato paste, worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally. Add peas, cook for 1 more minute. Spread evenly in pan. stir together cooked rice, egg, cheese and sour cream. Spread evenly over meat. Broil for 7 minutes or until rice is heated through.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kitkatqt and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note