Shepherd's Pie Recipe - with an Asparagus Twist
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1/2 cup(s) onion, medium chopped
- 1 can(s) Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 tablespoon(s) ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 can(s) asparagus
- 2 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 2 cup(s) real potato-mashed fixed-up
- 1 can(s) mushrooms or (fresh)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- 1. Put 2 or 3 potatoes in Microwave steamer and cook 8 minutes then mash.
- 2 Cook the beef and onion in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until the beef is well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
- 3 Stir the soup, ketchup, black pepper and asparagus and canned mushrooms in the skillet. Spoon the beef mixture into a 9-inch pie plate.
- 4 Heat milk and butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the potatoes. The potatoes will be stiff. Spoon the potatoes over the beef mixture.
- 5 Bake for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are lightly browned.
- Recipe Tips
- You can add some cheese .. I like Gouda cheese .. my kids like Cream Cheese, cheese is optional depending on finances. Same with the vegi's that I put in, if it is squash season I steam them with potatoes and then cut some up and add in this dish.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by organizingfool and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note