Shepherd's Pie Recipe - with an Asparagus Twist
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1/2 cup(s) onion, medium chopped
- 1 can(s) Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 tablespoon(s) ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 can(s) asparagus
- 2 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 2 cup(s) real potato-mashed fixed-up
- 1 can(s) mushrooms or (fresh)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- 1. Put 2 or 3 potatoes in Microwave steamer and cook 8 minutes then mash.
- 2 Cook the beef and onion in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until the beef is well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
- 3 Stir the soup, ketchup, black pepper and asparagus and canned mushrooms in the skillet. Spoon the beef mixture into a 9-inch pie plate.
- 4 Heat milk and butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the potatoes. The potatoes will be stiff. Spoon the potatoes over the beef mixture.
- 5 Bake for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are lightly browned.
- Recipe Tips
- You can add some cheese .. I like Gouda cheese .. my kids like Cream Cheese, cheese is optional depending on finances. Same with the vegi's that I put in, if it is squash season I steam them with potatoes and then cut some up and add in this dish.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by organizingfool and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes