Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 Potatoes Peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 1 Onion Finely Chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) cheddar cheese Shredded
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- 5 carrots Chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) Vegetable Oil
- 1 pound(s) Ground Beef Lean
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) ketchup
- 3/4 cup(s) beef broth
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Bring a large pot of water to boil, add the potatoes, and cook for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked, but still firm. Drain and mash the potatoes, then mix in the butter, 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion, and 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Start a fresh pot of water boiling and add the carrots. Cook them for about 15 minutes, drain, mash, set aside. In a large frying pan, add onion and cook until clear. Add the ground lamb and cook until browned. Pour off the excess fat, then add flour and cook for an additional minute. Add the ketchup and beef broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spread the ground beef evenly over the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish. Over top, spread the mashed carrots in an even layer, and then do the same with the mashed potatoes. Sprinkle the last of the shredded cheese on top, and then bake for 20 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by steve359 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Shepherd's Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes