I like this better than Robin's and it's easier. Like it better than cook book. Old recipe from Home Ec class
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 can(s) vegetable soup
- 2 ounce(s) cheddar cheese grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 1/3 cup(s) potato flakes
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. In large skillet brown ground beef (may add onions, mushrooms, spices if desired - my family like it plain).
- 3. Drain fat from beef; add undiluted soup and stir. Set aside.
- 4. Heat water, butter, and salt until boiling. Remove from heat.
- 5. Add cold milk to water.
- 6. Stir in potato flakes and let stand until flakes are moist. Whip lightly with fork.
- 7. In 8 x 8 inch pan, spread meat mixture evenly over bottom of pan. Spread cooked potatoes over meat; top with grated cheese.
- 8. Bake 5-15 minutes until casserole is hot and cheese is melted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Shepard's Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles