Shem Creek Dirty Shrimp & Grits
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup clarified butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups clam juice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup yellow stone-ground grits
- 1 cup heavy creme
- 1/4 cup diced applewood smoked bacon
- 1 cup chopped smoked sausage
- 2 lbs shrimp
- 1 bunch green onions for garnish
- Combine clarified butter and flour in an oven-proof dish and cook in a 400 degree oven until medium brown (approx 30 min). Remove from oven and add vegetables. Cook on stovetop until vegetables are wilted. Add herbs, spices, other seasonings & clam juice, stirring in slowly until incorporated. Simmer for 20-30 min until sauce is thick.
- Bring chicken stock to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Simmer for 25 min, stirring occasionally. Add creme and simmer for 5 min.
- On stove top, cook bacon on low heat until bacon is light brown and fat in rendered. Add sausage & shrimp & saute lightly. Add sauce & cook until hot.
- Spoon shrimp, sausage & sauce into bowl. Spoon a portion of grits in middle. Garnish with green onions.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kathy1220 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note