- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds and ribs removed
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, seeded
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 pound plum tomatoes (about 5), seeded
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 avocado
- 3/4 pound medium pasta shells
How to Make It
In a food processor or blender, combine the onion, garlic, jalapeño pepper, bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, salt, pepper, cumin, vinegar, and breadcrumbs. Pulse until chopped. With the machine running, add the oil in a thin stream. Add the dill and pulse once to combine. Dice the avocado and add it to the sauce.
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until just done, about 10 minutes. Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce.
Spicing It Up: If you like your gazpacho a little spicier, try one of these quick additions:: · Leave some of the seeds in the jalapeño.: · Add a dash of Tabasco sauce.: · Add a pinch of cayenne.
Wine Recommendation: Beer suits this dish better than any wine. Serve your own favorite or a cold, light Mexican beer such as Corona.