Shells With Peas, Carrots, and Mint
Fresh mint punches up the flavor while peas and baby carrots add to the color and nutrient value of this tasty pasta recipe for Shells With Peas, Carrots, and Mint.
More From Health
Total: 24 Minutes
- Calories: 385
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 68g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 312mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 1 (1-pound) box medium shells
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 bunch baby carrots, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Cook pasta according to package directions in salted water; reserve 1/4 cup pasta water. Add peas during last 2 minutes of cooking; drain pasta and peas and return to pot.
- 2. While pasta cooks, toss carrots on a large rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast carrots 15-18 minutes; toss pasta, reserved pasta water, and peas with carrots, mint, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in pot. Divide among 6 bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note