This is just a wonderful soup very delicate, not too bold and delicious
This easy soup is packed with crabmeat and it will keep you warm on cold evenings.
Yield: Makes 15 cups
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced (1 cup)
- 2 pounds fresh crabmeat, drained and picked
- 1 quart whipping cream
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Dry sherry (optional)
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add celery and onion, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add crabmeat and next 4 ingredients; cook over medium heat, stirring often, until thoroughly heated.
- Stir together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; stir in 2 tablespoons hot soup. Stir cornstarch mixture and salt into soup; cook 5 to 7 minutes until thickened, stirring often. Top each serving with 1 teaspoon sherry, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note