Excellent! Very easy too!
Shaved Summer Squash Salad with Prosciutto Crisps
Photo: Anna Williams; Styling: Pam Morris
More From Cooking Light
Total: 20 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 68
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 3.6g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 269mg
- Calcium: 36mg
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 thin slices prosciutto (1 ounce), chopped
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled ricotta salata or feta cheese
- 1. Shave the zucchini and squash into thin strips using a vegetable peeler. Discard seeds. Place zucchini and squash in a medium bowl, and toss with salt.
- 2. Combine mint and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Pour over zucchini and squash; toss.
- 3. Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add prosciutto; saute for 2 minutes or until crisp.
- 4. Place 3/4 cup salad on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese; sprinkle evenly with prosciutto.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Shaved Summer Squash Salad with Prosciutto Crisps Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Salads