I couldn't figure out how to slice the squash as shown in the photo. Mine looked blah in comparison. Any comments? Other than that, those who tasted it at the get-together I brought it to, liked it very much. I'm not a big fan of feta really so I'm not sure. One friend said it was an explosion of flavors.
Shaved Summer Squash Salad with Prosciutto Crisps
Summer squash is delicious raw when it's shaved and marinated with a bit of salt. Add salty prosciutto and you have the perfect side dish.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 68
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 3.6g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 269mg
- Calcium: 36mg
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 thin slices prosciutto (1 ounce), chopped
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled ricotta salata or feta cheese
- 1. Shave the zucchini and squash into thin strips using a vegetable peeler. Discard seeds. Place zucchini and squash in a medium bowl, and toss with salt.
- 2. Combine mint and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Pour over zucchini and squash; toss.
- 3. Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add prosciutto; saute for 2 minutes or until crisp.
- 4. Place 3/4 cup salad on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese; sprinkle evenly with prosciutto.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note