Shaved Summer Squash Salad
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
- 2 pounds small yellow zucchini or other yellow summer squash
- 1/2 pound ricotta salata cheese or mild feta
- 12 squash blossoms (petals only)
- Freshly ground black peper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1. Using a mandoline or sharp thin-bladed knife, cut zucchini into very thin slices lengthwise; put in a large, shallow bowl.
- 2. With a vegetable peeler, shave ricotta salata cheese into narrow, thin slices. Tear squash blossoms into strips.
- 3. Season zucchini lightly with salt and pepper; toss gently. Drizzle with olive oil, then add juice from lemon. Taste and adjust the seasoning. On top, scatter cheese, then blossoms. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This