- 2 pounds small yellow zucchini or other yellow summer squash
- 1/2 pound ricotta salata cheese or mild feta
- 12 squash blossoms (petals only)
- Freshly ground black peper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice from half a lemon
How to Make It
Using a mandoline or sharp thin-bladed knife, cut zucchini into very thin slices lengthwise; put in a large, shallow bowl.
With a vegetable peeler, shave ricotta salata cheese into narrow, thin slices. Tear squash blossoms into strips.
Season zucchini lightly with salt and pepper; toss gently. Drizzle with olive oil, then add juice from lemon. Taste and adjust the seasoning. On top, scatter cheese, then blossoms. Serve immediately.