- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 thin slices prosciutto (1 ounce), chopped
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled ricotta salata or feta cheese
- calories 68
- fat 4.9 g
- satfat 1.1 g
- monofat 3 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 3.5 g
- carbohydrate 3.6 g
- fiber 1.1 g
- cholesterol 6 mg
- iron 0.5 mg
- sodium 269 mg
- calcium 36 mg
How to Make It
Shave the zucchini and squash into thin strips using a vegetable peeler. Discard seeds. Place zucchini and squash in a medium bowl, and toss with salt.
Combine mint and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Pour over zucchini and squash; toss.
Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add prosciutto; saute for 2 minutes or until crisp.
Place 3/4 cup salad on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese; sprinkle evenly with prosciutto.