This is a refreshing easy salad. I like my salads with alot of items in it. I added sunflower seeds and pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries. The dressing was fantastic!
Shaved Fall Vegetable Salad with Cider Vinaigrette
Photo: Anna Williams
Sparkling cider and cider vinegar amplify the apple flavor in this fresh seasonal salad.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 155
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 15.9g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 171mg
- Calcium: 62mg
- 1 (1-pound) butternut squash, trimmed and cut into (1-inch-thick) slices
- 1 (12-ounce) celery root, trimmed and cut into (1-inch-thick) slices
- 1 large Granny Smith apple (about 7 ounces), cored and cut into (1-inch-thick) slices
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sparkling apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 6 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil
- 4 cups trimmed arugula leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Hold each squash slice by an end; shave into ribbons with a vegetable peeler to measure 4 1/2 cups. Repeat procedure with celery root, shaving to measure 1 1/2 cups. Repeat procedure with apple, shaving to measure 1 cup. Repeat procedure with carrot, shaving to measure 1/2 cup. Combine vegetable ribbons in a large bowl; add 1/4 teaspoon salt, tossing to combine.
- 2. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, vinegar, cider, and honey, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add canola oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Add vinegar mixture to squash mixture, tossing gently to coat. Let stand 30 minutes. Add arugula just before serving, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note