This was an easy salad to make, but for my taste it had too much dressing for the amount of vegetables in the recipe. It really tasted better over a bed of lettuce.
Shaved Carrot and Zucchini Salad
Use a mandoline or Y-shaped vegetable peeler to make veggie shavings. This salad comes together in a flash.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 68
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 6.2g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 131mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups thinly shaved carrot
- 2 cups thinly shaved zucchini
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons torn mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add carrot, zucchini, and onion; toss. Sprinkle with herbs, salt, and pepper; toss.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note