Simple, clean summer flavors and a beautiful presentation. The baked prosciutto makes this salad sing. Was a huge hit at a recent foodie dinner party.
Shaved Cantaloupe and Prosciutto Salad
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 62
- Calories from fat: 56%
- Protein: 1.6g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 5.8g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Sodium: 108mg
- Cholesterol: 1.9mg
- 4 slices (1 oz.) thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 ripe cantaloupe, halved, seeded, and rind cut off
- 8 to 10 large mint leaves, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Heat oven to 350°. Set a rack over a rimmed baking sheet. Lay prosciutto on rack and bake until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool, then break into shards and chips.
- 2. Shave off ribbons of cantaloupe onto a large serving platter, using a vegetable peeler, mandoline, or very sharp knife. Sprinkle prosciutto and mint over melon shavings. Drizzle oil over salad.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 3/4-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads