I really like this - I wouldn't say excellent but I would cook it more often than just for a special occasion. I used the 2mm blade on my food processor which made it quick. I also added shallots, minced garlic and then some cooked red potato chunks with the pancetta first, added the sprouts and then seasoned with salt and malt vinegar on my plate... Delicious!
Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
Slice the brussels sprouts very thinly to make them extra-tender. Pancetta is a classic pairing. Prep and Cook Time: 45 minutes. Notes: A mandoline works well for "shaving" the brussels sprouts. Use a fork stuck in the core end of the sprout to keep your fingers away from the blade.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 168
- Calories from fat: 70%
- Protein: 6.6g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 5.6g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Sodium: 299mg
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces pancetta, cut crosswise into 1/4-in.-wide strips
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Using a sharp knife or mandoline (see Notes), thinly slice brussels sprouts crosswise, discarding root ends. (The resulting "shaved" sprouts should resemble confetti.)
- 2. Pour vegetable oil into a large pot over high heat; add pancetta and stir until slightly crisp, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-high, add brussels sprouts, and cook, stirring often, until sprouts are bright green and tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note