This recipe was easy to pull together- I used our food processor with the slicer blade attachment to make quick work of "shaving" the brussels sprouts. It was SO GOOD! It got rave reviews from both family and guests at our NY Day lunch.
Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
This recipe will open your eyes to the wonderful side of a much-maligned vegetable. You won’t have to hide them in your napkin ever again.
Yield: Serves 6
- 1 quart Brussels sprouts, thinly shaved by hand or on a small mandoline
- 1 cup roasted pecan halves, slightly broken up
- 1 cup shaved Pecorino Romano cheese (or Parmigiano-Reggiano)
- 1/2 cup pulled fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, lightly chopped
- 1/4 cup Dijon Vinaigrette
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium salad bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts, pecans, cheese, and parsley. Add the vinaigrette, toss, season, and plate.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note