Shaved Brussel Sprouts with Pomegranate
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) Brussels sprouts washed and trimmed
- 8 slice(s) peppered bacon diced
- 1 cup(s) shallots thinly sliced
- 1 orange juiced
- 3 tablespoon(s) pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1 cup(s) pomegranate arils
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Thinly slice the cleaned Brussels sprouts with the slicing blade of a food processor (or find them already shaved in our Produce Markets).
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside, leaving all the fat in the pan. Add shallot to the pan and cook in the bacon fat over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until just starting to brown. Add a little oil to the pan if it’s dry.
- Add the Brussels sprouts. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes. Sprouts should be tender but crisp. In a bowl, whisk together the orange juice, pomegranate molasses and Dijon mustard. Add to pan along with the chopped bacon. Stir gently to distribute sauce evenly. Cook another 3-5 minutes to heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup pomegranate arils. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish the top with the remaining 1/2 cup arils.
- - See more at: http://townandcountrymarkets.com/recipes/featured-recipe/#sthash.NhWMP0LW.dpuf
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lseichel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Shaved Brussel Sprouts with Pomegranate Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables