Tasty recipe, even my husband liked this one!
Shaved Broccoli Stalk Salad with Lime
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr
"One of the few vegetables my kids will eat is broccoli," Duggan says, "so I found new ways to use it." Sodium reflects 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt.
Yield: Serves 2 (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 143
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 6.1g
- Carbohydrate: 7.2g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 360mg
- Calcium: 149mg
- Leaves and stalks from 1 bunch broccoli (about 3 stalks), cut into batons
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese
- 1. Place the broccoli batons flat on a cutting board, then use a sharp vegetable peeler to shave the broccoli into paper-thin strips.
- 2. Place the shaved broccoli and leaves in a medium bowl and toss with the olive oil, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Gently fold in the cheese and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note