Shaved Asparagus Salad with Manchego and Almonds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons walnut oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound large asparagus
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 ounce Manchego cheese, shaved (about 1/4 cup)
- calories 207
- fat 16.4 g
- satfat 4.4 g
- monofat 8.7 g
- polyfat 2.5 g
- protein 11 g
- carbohydrate 5 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 194 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 279 mg
- calcium 154 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Using a sharp peeler, thinly peel asparagus to equal 3 cups asparagus ribbons. Add asparagus and parsley to bowl; toss gently to coat.
Combine 8 cups water and white vinegar in a large skillet; bring to a simmer. Break each egg into a custard cup, and pour each gently into pan. Cook 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove eggs from pan using a slotted spoon.
Place about 2/3 cup asparagus mixture on each of 4 plates. Sprinkle each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons almonds; top each serving with 1 egg. Sprinkle evenly with Manchego cheese.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.