- 1/2 pound unpeeled fresh shrimp
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and minced
- 1 (8-ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) package spring roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
How to Make It
Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired; finely chop.
Stir together shrimp, 1 egg, pork, and next 8 ingredients. Spoon 1 tablespoon mixture in center of each spring roll wrapper. Fold top corner of each wrapper over filling, tucking tip of corner under filling, and fold left and right corners over filling. Lightly brush remaining corner with remaining egg; tightly roll filled end toward remaining corner, and gently press to seal.
Pour vegetable oil to a depth of 2 inches into a medium saucepan, and heat to 350°. Fry spring rolls, a few at a time, 6 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve spring rolls with Sweet Chili Sauce and over lettuce leaves, if desired.