More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 664
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Protein: 37g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 101g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Sodium: 1122mg
- Cholesterol: 155mg
- 1 1/2 cups (1 oz.) dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 pound fresh Shanghai-style noodles or 3/4 pound fresh linguine
- 2 teaspoons salad oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/2 pound fat-trimmed boned pork loin, cut into matchstick-size slivers
- 4 cups slivered napa cabbage
- 1/4 cup mushroom soy sauce (or 3 tablespoons soy sauce and 1 tablespoon molasses)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Chinese black vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1. Rinse mushrooms, immerse in hot water, and soak until soft, about 15 minutes. Holding under water, squeeze mushrooms to release grit, then lift mushrooms out and squeeze dry. Cut off and discard stems. Cut mushroom caps into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
- 2. In a 5- to 6-quart pan, bring 3 quarts water to a boil over high heat. Add noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, until barely tender to bite, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain well.
- 3. Meanwhile, place a wok or 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat. When pan is hot, add salad oil and tilt pan to coat. Add garlic and pork; stir-fry until pork is lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- 4. Add cabbage and stir just until it begins to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 5. Add noodles, mushrooms, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and pepper. Stir until noodles are hot, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plates. Sprinkle with onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes