Shanghai Chicken Salad - Skinny
If you’re a Chinese chicken salad lover, you’ll surely become a fan of this unconventional one. Crunchy vegetables, tender chicken all tossed in a tangy homemade Shanghai vinaigrette.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 8 cup(s) Napa cabbage sliced into strips
- 1 cup(s) red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) carrots shredded
- 1 cup(s) green onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup(s) Ranch Dressing I use Bolthouse yogurt
- 1/3 cup(s) hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) rice vinegar seasoned
- 2 tablespoon(s) sesame oil toasted
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) crushed ginger in a jar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce reduced-sodium
- 1. Prepare the Shanghai Vinaigrette below and refrigerate.
- 2. Cut the cooked chicken breasts into bite-size pieces. Transfer chicken to an extra large bowl. Add the cabbage, red pepper, carrots, and scallions. Refrigerate.
- 3. When ready to serve, toss with enough dressing to coat, about ½ cup. You’ll have leftover dressing. Divide salad among 4 plates. Sprinkle the top of each salad with 2 tablespoons rice noodles.
- 1. In a medium bowl add all the ingredients and whisk together.
- 2. Pour into an airtight container and store in the fridge.
- 3. Shanghai Vinaigrette will keep for up to 1 week in the fridge.
- Makes 1¼ cups
This recipe is a personal recipe added by curphi and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Shanghai Chicken Salad - Skinny Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads