It's a pretty basic shortbread, not fantastic but certainly not bad. A bit plain and oily when you first take them out of the oven, but decent crumb. Good with coffee. I just halved the recipe and made circles, since I wasn't looking for much besides a basic recipe. So this delivered.
Shamrock and Gold Coin Cookies
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 86
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 0g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Sodium: 33mg
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Fine green sugar sprinkles
- Yellow-gold coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. Combine butter, sugar, vanilla and salt, and beat with electric mixer on medium until blended. Add flour; mix on low until incorporated. Shape dough into a disk and wrap in wax paper. Chill for 2 hours.
- Soften dough at room temperature. Place oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven.
- Halve dough. Roll to 1/4 inch thick and cut out shamrock shapes; save scraps. Repeat. Place cookies on two parchment-paper-lined baking sheets. Bake for 20 minutes (switch oven racks and turn pans halfway through cooking) until lightly golden. Remove; top with sprinkles. Transfer to cooling rack.
- Mold scraps into 1-inch balls; roll balls in sugar. Arrange 2 inches apart on baking sheet; flatten to 1/4 inch thick with bottom of a glass. Bake for 20 minutes on top rack. Transfer to cooling rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note