Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry (Pepperidge Farms)
- 2 small potatoes
- 2 red chillies
- 2 tsp corriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida powder
- 1 small pod of garlic
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp cilantro leaves
- salt to taste
- Thaw the puff pastry sheets for 40 mins. The instructions may differ for other brands.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Boil the potatoes and dice into small cubes. (I just microwaved them in a bowl of water)
- Coarsely crush the spices in a mortar and pestle. I happen to love the taste and texture of freshly ground spices. You can use garam masala or finely powder the spices.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a frying pan.
- Add the asafoetida powder
- Add the spices and fry till fragrant.
- Add crushed ginger and garlic.
- Add the potatoes, turmeric and salt.
- When they are well mixed, add the cilantro leaves and allow to cool in a bowl.
- Roll out the pastry sheet till it gets slightly flattened.
- Cut into 3 inch squares.
- Put each square into an ungreased muffin pan.
- Add 1 or 1.5 tsp of filling in each cup
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve wth condiments of your choice (tomato sauce, chilli sauce, coriander chutney, or tamarind chutney)
- One sheet of pastry dough makes about 25 shamosas.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by edallas58 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Shamosas Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers