Yield: Makes 3 cups
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1/2 pound fresh whole mushrooms, quartered
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: chopped parsley
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and shallots, and saute 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan.
- Melt remaining butter in saucepan over medium-high heat; whisk in flour. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Whisk in chicken broth until smooth, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened. Stir in whipping cream and sour cream. Add mushrooms, shallots, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments