Shakshuka with Fennel and Feta
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 small fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- Kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) harissa
- 1 teaspoon(s) sweet Spanish smoked paprika
- One 28-ounce can(s) whole tomatoes, chopped with their liquid
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion and fennel and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until softened, 3 minutes. Add both chiles and the bell pepper and season with salt. Cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic, harissa and paprika and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and water and simmer over low heat until the sauce is thickened, 10 minutes.
- 2. Crack the eggs into the sauce. Cover and cook over moderately low heat until the whites are firm and the yolks are runny, 5 minutes. Spoon the sauce and eggs into bowls and sprinkle with the parsley and crumbled feta. Serve right away.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note