Shakshouka is a delicious and spicy version of Huevos Rancheros. It is a great dish to make when you don't have too much going on in your fridge and want to throw something together.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 Medium Tomatoes Diced
- 1/2 Red, Orange or Yellow Bell Pepper Diced
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Jalapeno Sliced into Circles
- 5 Garlic "Teeth" Sliced
- 1 Small White/Yellow Onion Diced
- 10 Large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon(s) Tomato Paste
- 1. Slice Tomatoes, Bell Peppers, Onion. Peel and Slice Garlic. De-head and slice jalapeno.
- 2. Put a deep pan or pot and put on Medium flame. Add about 4 tablespoons olive oil. Add the Tomatoes, Bell Peppers, Onions, Garlic and Jalapeno. Cook uncovered for about 25 minutes until the veggies are soft and easily mushed with a spoon.
- 3. Add tablespoon of tomato paste, paprika, salt and pepper, and mix it into the mixture. Allow the mixture to continue to cook on the stove. Add a little but of water if it looks dry to you. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
- 4. Use your spoon to make little craters in the tomato mixture. Crack your eggs into the craters so that your egg juice gets to the bottom. Evenly distribute the eggs on top of the tomato mixture. Cover and cook on medium-low flame.
- 5. Eat with pita bread or any bread you like and enjoy :-)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RubinaRuby and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note