1. Grate zest from oranges to equal 2 Tbsp. Cut oranges in half lengthwise, and thinly slice. Bring sugar, orange slices, zest, and 1 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 1 hour or until oranges are translucent. Remove from heat; cool completely.
2. Meanwhile, pulse flour, butter, and 1 tsp. salt in a food processor just until mixture resembles coarse meal. With processor running, pour 1/4 cup ice-cold water through food chute; pulse until dough forms a ball and pulls away from sides of bowl. Wrap dough in plastic wrap. Chill 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 425°. Remove dough from plastic wrap; roll into a 13-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Fit dough into prepared pie plate. Fold edges under, and crimp. Prick bottom and sides of piecrust with a fork. Freeze 20 minutes. Line piecrust with aluminum foil, and fill with pie weights or dried beans.
4. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Remove weights and foil, and bake 10 minutes.
5. Reduce oven temperature to 375°. Beat cream cheese, vanilla, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt at medium speed with an electric mixer just until smooth. Spread mixture into prepared crust.
6. Whisk together eggs and next 2 ingredients until smooth; stir into orange mixture. Pour over cream cheese mixture in piecrust, and arrange oranges evenly. Cover loosely with foil.
7. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Remove foil, and bake 30 more minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing (about 1 hour).