Shaker Lemon Pie
Community Recipe from
- 2 1/4 cup(s) Sugar granulated
- 6 large eggs 1 separated
- 5 medium lemons zested
- double Pie crust store bought is fine
- Equipment: 9 inch deep dish pie pan or deep dish frozen pie crust
- Start with 5 medium sized lemons and remove all of the zest.
- Separate 1 egg. Set aside the white for the pie crust.
- Combine lemon zest, 2 1/4 cups of sugar, 5 large eggs and yolk from the egged you separated. Whip all these ingredients together.
- Remove the remaining white outer skin of lemons, slice as thin as possible and remove seeds. Add lemon slices to the mixture, gently tossing with large spoon.
- Pour the lemon mixture into the pan on top of the pie crust and cover with remaining pie curst. Pinch the pie crust edges together and cut a few slits in the top. Brush with the egg white.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for about 1 hour.
- Let pie cool and enjoy.
- This pie can be frozen and is even delicious cold from the fridge.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AndraPark61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note