Shaker Lemon Pie
Community Recipe from
- 2 1/4 cup(s) Sugar granulated
- 6 large eggs 1 separated
- 5 medium lemons zested
- double Pie crust store bought is fine
- Equipment: 9 inch deep dish pie pan or deep dish frozen pie crust
- Start with 5 medium sized lemons and remove all of the zest.
- Separate 1 egg. Set aside the white for the pie crust.
- Combine lemon zest, 2 1/4 cups of sugar, 5 large eggs and yolk from the egged you separated. Whip all these ingredients together.
- Remove the remaining white outer skin of lemons, slice as thin as possible and remove seeds. Add lemon slices to the mixture, gently tossing with large spoon.
- Pour the lemon mixture into the pan on top of the pie crust and cover with remaining pie curst. Pinch the pie crust edges together and cut a few slits in the top. Brush with the egg white.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for about 1 hour.
- Let pie cool and enjoy.
- This pie can be frozen and is even delicious cold from the fridge.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AndraPark61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes