- 8 slices bacon, halved
- 1 medium onion, cut into thick slices and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 pair small shad roe
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
How to Make It
Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; drain well, reserving bacon drippings in skillet. Set bacon aside.
Sauté onion rings in reserved drippings until tender. Remove skillet from heat; set aside.
Combine flour and spices in a shallow pan. Carefully rinse shad roe, and sprinkle with lemon juice; dredge in flour mixture. Place roe in skillet with sautéed onion. Cover and cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until roe is no longer red. Transfer roe to individual serving plates. Arrange bacon and onion slices over top. Serve hot.