Sfougato (Greek Zucchini & egg)
- 1 bunch(es) dill, finely chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound(s) feta, crumbled
- 2 pound(s) grated Zucchini (2-3 me/lrg. or abt. 4 c.)
- 1 bunch(es) green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 med./large yellow onion, chopped (meas. just under 1c.)
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt,
- 1. Wash all vegetable
- 2. Grate zucchini coarsely.
- 3. Heat olive oil in saute pan, add onion, green onion. Sweat the onions and add zucchini, cook on low fro 12-15 min. until some of the liquid evaporates. Stir often.
- 4.Drainmixture in colander
- lined with unbleached paper towels. Allow to cool.
- 5. Beat eggs & add feta, pepper I finely chpped dill.
- 6. Add drained zucchini & cooled onions to egg mixture & mix well.
- 7. Pour all into med. sixe baking pan or 2-pie plate & cook until set. This takes anywhere for 30-45 min.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cmvb1679 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sfougato (Greek Zucchini & egg) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables