Sewee Preserve's Seafood Salad
Our Foods staff decided this tasty recipe was worth the splurge to buy the crabmeat. Reserve the juice from the capers for the vinaigrette. Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc, New Zealand (about $12) or Brancott Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, New Zealand (about $10) would be excellent wines to partner with this salad.
More From Southern Living
Broil: 13 Minutes
Chill: 1 Hour
- 1 pound unpeeled cooked medium-large shrimp (about 24-30)
- 1 (1-pound) skinless flounder or grouper fillet
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, drained and picked
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickle
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- Dill Vinaigrette
- Peel and devein shrimp; set aside.
- Place fillet on a lightly greased rack in a broiler pan. Brush fillet with olive oil, and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Broil 5 inches from heat 10 to 13 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Remove from pan, and cool.
- Break cooled fish into large pieces, and place in a large bowl. Add shrimp, crabmeat, and next 3 ingredients; toss gently to combine. Drizzle with Dill Vinaigrette; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Arrange seafood mixture on watercress.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note