Seviche de Camarones con Mango y Habanero (Shrimp Seviche with Mango and Habanero)
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Fonda Shaia
Yield: Makes 3 cups
- 3 tomatoes, cored and halved
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 habanero chile, seeded
- 1/2 pound small shrimp, steamed and peeled
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1/2 cup diced jicama
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Avocado slices
- Corn tortilla chips
- Place tomatoes, garlic, and habanero, cut-side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 20 minutes or until skins are blistered. Cool and remove skins.
- Combine shrimp, mango, jicama, cilantro, and red onion in a medium bowl.
- Place tomatoes, garlic, and habanero in a blender, and process until smooth. Add tomato mixture to shrimp mixture; stir to combine. Stir in olive oil. Salt to taste, cover, and chill at least 30 minutes before serving. Top with avocado slices, and serve with tortilla chips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Seviche de Camarones con Mango y Habanero (Shrimp Seviche with Mango and Habanero) Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers