- 3 tomatoes, cored and halved
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 habanero chile, seeded
- 1/2 pound small shrimp, steamed and peeled
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1/2 cup diced jicama
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Avocado slices
- Corn tortilla chips
How to Make It
Place tomatoes, garlic, and habanero, cut-side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 20 minutes or until skins are blistered. Cool and remove skins.
Combine shrimp, mango, jicama, cilantro, and red onion in a medium bowl.
Place tomatoes, garlic, and habanero in a blender, and process until smooth. Add tomato mixture to shrimp mixture; stir to combine. Stir in olive oil. Salt to taste, cover, and chill at least 30 minutes before serving. Top with avocado slices, and serve with tortilla chips.