Seven Layer Salad
This classic layered salad is always popular at covered dish and potluck suppers with its colorful layers of lettuce, bacon, tomato, olives, green peas, carrot and hard-boiled eggs.
More From Allyou
- 6 large eggs
- 12 strips lean bacon
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, diced (about 2 lb.)
- 1 (10 oz.) box frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 8 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar, shredded or diced (2 cups)
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives
- 2 (5 oz.) bags mixed greens
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing or vinaigrette
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan with cold water to cover. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat, cover pan and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain eggs and cool in ice water. Peel and set aside.
- Cook bacon in batches in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Tear bacon into pieces.
- Arrange tomatoes, peas, Cheddar, olives, greens and bacon in layers in a large (5-quart), clear bowl with straight sides.
- Just before serving, quarter eggs and place on top. Serve with dressing on side or toss.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note