- 6 large eggs
- 12 strips lean bacon
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, diced (about 2 lb.)
- 1 (10 oz.) box frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 8 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar, shredded or diced (2 cups)
- 1/3 cup pitted black olives
- 2 (5 oz.) bags mixed greens
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing or vinaigrette
How to Make It
Place eggs in a medium saucepan with cold water to cover. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat, cover pan and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain eggs and cool in ice water. Peel and set aside.
Cook bacon in batches in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Tear bacon into pieces.
Arrange tomatoes, peas, Cheddar, olives, greens and bacon in layers in a large (5-quart), clear bowl with straight sides.
Just before serving, quarter eggs and place on top. Serve with dressing on side or toss.