- 1 (16-ounce) can diced beets, undrained
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 (17-ounce) can green peas, drained
- 1 (3 1/4-ounce) jar cocktail onions, drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (16-ounce) can French-style green beans, drained
- Lettuce leaves
How to Make It
Drain beets, reserving liquid; set beets aside. Add water to beet liquid to equal 2 cups; set liquid aside.
Soften gelatin in 1/2 cup cold water. Add boiling water, and stir until gelatin dissolves. Add reserved beet liquid mixture, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce, stirring well; chill 1 hour.
Sprinkle chopped eggs evenly in the bottom of a lightly oiled 9-cup mold. Layer diced beets, green peas, onions, celery, and green beans over eggs. Pour gelatin mixture over vegetables. Chill until firm. Unmold onto a lettuce-lined plate. Slice and serve with dressing.