- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) package extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli flowerets
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- calories 310
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 10.2 g
- satfat 1.6 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 11.5 g
- carbohydrate 44.1 g
- fiber 5.2 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 423 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Place tofu between 2 flat plates or cutting boards. Weight the top with a heavy can (sides of tofu should be bulging slightly, but not cracking). Let stand 40 to 45 minutes; pour off liquid, and discard. Cut tofu into 1/2-inch cubes, and set aside.
Combine soy sauce and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well. Add tofu, and toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove tofu from marinade, reserving marinade.
Drizzle vegetable oil around top of wok, coating sides. Heat at medium-high (375°) until hot. Add tofu, and stir-fry 4 minutes. Add broccoli and red bell pepper; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add cabbage and bean sprouts, and stir-fry 2 additional minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add reserved marinade; toss gently, and cook 30 seconds or until thoroughly heated. Stir in sesame seeds.
Spoon 3/4 cup rice onto each individual serving plate. Top evenly with vegetable mixture.