5-stars for the side dishes alone with this recipe! I had grand plans to make the tuna as well, but alas the selection at the market was a bit dissapointing when I went to buy the fish - so I served the soba salad & napa slaw along side halibut instead. I rarely make recipes exactly as written, but followed both salad recipes to the "T" and they were fantastic. Love all the flavors and my family raved! These are my new go-to Asian-style side dishes from now on!!!
Sesame Tuna with Edamame and Soba
Use all white sesame seeds if black seeds are unavailable. Serve with Napa Cabbage Slaw.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 27 Minutes
- Calories: 413
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Protein: 50.2g
- Carbohydrate: 26.7g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- Iron: 4.1mg
- Sodium: 606mg
- Calcium: 103mg
- 4 ounces soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles)
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 4 (6-ounce) U.S. yellowfin or albacore tuna steaks
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Napa Cabbage Slaw
- 1. Cook soba noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; add edamame for last 3 minutes. Rinse with warm water; drain well.
- 2. Combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, lime juice, chili sauce, and sesame oil in a medium bowl. Add soba mixture and cilantro; keep warm.
- 3. Combine white and black sesame seeds in a shallow dish. Coat tuna with cooking spray, and sprinkle evenly with salt. Coat both sides of each steak with sesame seeds, pressing gently to adhere. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add steaks to pan; cook for 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Slice tuna thinly against grain. Serve with noodles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note