Sesame Spinach Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 62
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Protein: 3.1g
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 5.5g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sodium: 409mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 pounds spinach, stemmed and rinsed well
- 1/4 cup sake or dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 3 quarts water to a boil. Add half the spinach and cook until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove spinach from water with a strainer and place in a large bowl of ice water until cool; lift out and drain. Repeat process to cook and cool remaining spinach.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix sake, soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil.
- 3. Squeeze or roll spinach tightly in a kitchen towel to remove as much water as possible. Place in bowl and mix with dressing to coat. If making salad ahead, cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- 4. Divide spinach into six cylindrical bundles and squeeze each tightly to compact the leaves. Arrange bundles on a serving plate or in individual small, shallow bowls. Spoon a little of the dressing left in the bowl over each bundle. Sprinkle each bundle with about 1 teaspoon sesame seeds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This