Community Recipe from
- 10 ounce(s) fresh spinach, well rinsed and stemmed
- 1 teaspoon(s) sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) dry sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) brown sugar (rounded 1/2 tsp)
- 1/4 inch thick slice of ginger root
- 1 tablespoon(s) dark sesame oil (optional)
- Bring Asian Marinade ingredients (soy sauce through ginger root) to a boil in a tiny saucepan. Let cool while spinach cooks. Remove the ginger before tossing with the spinach.
- In a covered saucepan, cook the still damp spinach on medium heat for about 4 minutes, until limp but still bright green (the water clinging to the leaves will provide enough moisture). While the spinach is cooking, toast the sesame seeds.
- In a colander, drain the spinach, pressing it to remove excess moisture. Toss the drained spinach with the toasted sesame seeds, marinade and sesame oil if you like. Serve hot or chilled. This can be made up to 3 hours ahead if chilled.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dmradcliffe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sesame Spinach Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables