- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1 English cucumber, sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 red jalapeño chile, sliced thinly
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 1 pound large shrimp (16 to 20 per lb.), peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- calories 174
- caloriesfromfat 42 %
- protein 19 g
- fat 8.3 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- carbohydrate 5.7 g
- fiber 0.9 g
- sodium 495 mg
- cholesterol 168 mg
How to Make It
Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, prepare a charcoal or gas grill for high heat (450° to 550°; you can hold your hand 5 in. above cooking grate only 2 to 4 seconds). In a medium bowl, combine cucumber, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, jalapeño, and onions. Set aside.
In another medium bowl, combine oils with shrimp. Skewer shrimp lengthwise through the tail so they're straight. Grill, turning once, until cooked through and grill marks appear, about 4 minutes total. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with rice and cucumber salad.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.