Sesame Shrimp-and-Green Beans Over Rice
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 pound large, raw shrimp (21/25 count)
- 3 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 (12-oz.) package fresh green beans
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 1. Prepare 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice according to package directions.
- 2. Peel and devein 1 lb. large, raw shrimp (21/25 count). Cook shrimp in 1 tsp. hot toasted sesame oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skillet.
- 3. Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover 5 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Drain; cover and keep warm.
- 4. Cook garlic in hot sesame oil in a small skillet over medium heat 1 minute. Stir in soy sauce. Add shrimp and beans, and cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired. Serve shrimp mixture over hot cooked rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes