Very good, I like the Asian flavor of the ginger and soy sauce in the burger with the yogurt-dill sauce. I also liked the crunch of the sesame seeds on the outside of the burger. I made the recipe exactly as written and would definitely make again as my husband and I both enjoyed them.
Sesame Seed-Crusted Salmon Burger With Yogurt Sauce
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 burger and 2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 463
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 37g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 660mg
- Calcium: 202mg
- 1 (1-pound) salmon fillet, skinned and chopped
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted and divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- 1. Combine salmon, spinach, panko, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, ginger, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Form mixture into 4 (3 1/2-inch) patties. Place remaining sesame seeds onto a plate, and dip one side of patties into seeds to coat.
- 2. Stir together yogurt, dill, garlic, and remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a small bowl.
- 3. Preheat a lightly oiled grill pan over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Cook burgers over medium heat, turning, 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Grill buns, cut sides down, for about 2 minutes or until golden.
- 4. Place burgers on buns, and top with 2 tablespoons yogurt sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches