This is so rare for a Cooking Light recipe, but this one didn't work for me at all. The dough was much too sticky to work with, and needed so much extra flour just to be manageable. It was almost impossible to roll out the dough to the size recommended, and then the breadsticks didn.t brown at all.
Sesame-Sea Salt Breadsticks
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 88
- Calories from fat: 10%
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 16.9g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 181mg
- Calcium: 6mg
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons fleur de sel, divided
- 2 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided (about 11 1/3 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- Dissolve sugar and yeast in 1 cup warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and spoons; level with a knife. Add 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour and sesame seeds; stir to form a soft dough. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes); add enough of remaining 1/2 cup flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel sticky).
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in size. (Gently press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.) Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Working with one portion at a time (cover remaining dough to prevent drying), roll portion into a 10 x 5-inch rectangle on a floured surface. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt; gently roll salt into dough with a rolling pin. Cut dough into 8 (10-inch-long) strips. Gently pick up both ends of each strip; gently twist dough. Place dough twists 1 inch apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with cornmeal. Repeat procedure three more times with remaining dough and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom. Remove from pan; cool on wire racks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sesame-Sea Salt Breadsticks Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Breads